Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Front springs and centered rear axle

Dropped the NOS front springs off at Donovan Spring in Londonderry, NH to add 3 leafs to the front springs to get 2" lift for the heavier Cummins diesel.  They will also forge some new "U" bolts.  The extra 3 leafs will come from the old rear springs as I've got other NOS rear sets.  The 3 will be put between the original top 2 and bottom 3.  New center bolts and shackles will be made.

Dropped the M37 and WC rear axles at White's Welding in Hampton, NH to move the M37 spring perches over the the WC.  Need to maintain the same center distance and angle.  One of the bolt holes on the WC brake flange has a crack that needs to be welded.  I noticed that the WC axle has no plugs to add or remove oil.  Hmm....I guess these trucks were made to not last long during WWII.  I'm going to have to drill and tap some plugs as I'm going to want to change the oil :)

No comments:

Post a Comment